Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Julian vs. Megan

"People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but they will always show you.  Pay attention."

Unknown, Personal Precept
If you say that you haven't dealt with a bully before in your life, then you're probably lying.
 
Julian is probably a guy that I would have even been afraid of in the fifth grade.  Maybe he was nice to August in the beginning, but he definitely changed his attitude towards him in the middle of the story.
 
I myself have never found joy in bullying someone because of their appearance.  I try to accept people from who they are and who they'll become in the future.  I'm a strong believer that we should treat each other the way that we want to be treated.  There's something that I want to change about myself and I'm sure there's something that you wish you could change about yourself, so why should we target someone who looks different than us?  I never really understood why kids do it, but they do.
 
Julian is a character that I feel like everyone can relate to.  I'm sure someone's said something bad about you because of something that wasn't normal for another person.  If you know what it feels like to be bullied, then you know what it feels like to be August when he confronts Julian.

No comments:

Post a Comment