Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Pullman vs. Megan

Can I take a moment and say that I fell in love with the Pullman family?
They were simply amazing, caring, and a strong family who obviously cared about each other.
 
I'm going to look into my future, and pretend that I am Mrs. Pullman, Auggie's mom.  What if I had a daughter or son who was like Auggie?  What if I had to deal with and answer the questions that Auggie asked his parents?
I know that one thing is for sure, and that is that I would love my child with all of my heart.
 

"Your best is good enough."

R.J. Palacio has introduced me to a kind, loving, caring family that I can only pray I will have someday.  I want to be the mom who my child isn't afraid to tell anything to, the mom who loves her children more than anything that she has ever seen.  I want to believe that as a mom, I will be able to help my children through their hard times just like Mrs. Pullman did.
 
Even though Auggie's parents didn't have a part dedicated to them, I believe that they should've.  I know that Palacio left out a lot, because if they would have had their own section, we would have seen August's and Via's lives from a whole different point of view.
 
Like I said, Auggie's parents are kind of like my role models as to how I want my husband and I to treat our kids.  I don't know if Palacio intended for me to fall in love with them, but I did, and I'm never going to stop loving their relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment